Sunday, July 10, 2011

Yummy Blueberry Muffins!


We loves us some blueberry muffins in our house! Even the picky eater will devour blueberries if they're served up in a muffin. I just found a new recipe and tried it out this morning, and oooohhhh baby! These things are good! I think this is the best I've ever made. I like to use whole grains, but sometimes they come out a little too dense for my taste. This muffin is very moist and light, and the fresh fruit flavor just permeates the whole thing. Yum!!!

I adapted the recipe from one I found at Holy Cow Vegan Recipes. Here's my version:

Whole Wheat and Barley Blueberry Muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup barley flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 unsweetened applesauce cup (about 1/3 cup)
1 cup soymilk
1 cup (or more!) fresh or frozen blueberries


Mix dry ingredients with a whisk in a large bowl. Add applesauce and soymilk and mix until just blended. Toss in blueberries and stir gently.

Lightly oil muffin tins or use cupcake liners. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the tops are slightly browned.

Cool for 5 minutes, then ease them out using a thin knife. Makes 12 muffins.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment